Your message has been sent. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.
Wernick Family Dentistry Offers Dental Implants in Virginia Beach
Missing teeth can not only lead to a decrease in confidence, but also affect jaw bone health and facial structure. One of the longest lasting ways to restore the appearance and strength of your smile, however, is through dental implants. At Wernick Family Dentistry, Drs. Robert D. Wernick and Alexis N. Phaup offer dental implant solutions for patients who are looking for the support and stamina of this innovative treatment.
What are Dental Implants?
Used as a replacement tooth root, dental implants are made of biocompatible titanium and are surgically placed within your smile. The dental implant is then topped with an abutment and a restoration, such as a porcelain crown and bridge. Implants integrate within the jawbone through the process of osseointegration, which creates better support for the jawbone and overall facial aesthetic.
Dental Implant solutions in Virginia Beach
Whether you are missing one tooth or a full arch of teeth, Wernick Family Dentistry offers, dental implant services that can be used in a variety of ways to correct tooth loss, such as:
Single Tooth Dental Implants
– Patients who are only missing a single tooth can know that dental implants to replace the tooth with one of our porcelain crowns. Implant-Supported Fixed Bridges
– If you are missing more than one tooth, an implant bridge is a permanent restoration for missing spaces in your smile. Instead of using neighboring natural teeth as an anchor to hold a standard bridge, dental implants support your prosthetic and allow existing teeth to be conserved. Implant-Supported, Screw-Retained Dentures
– With full-arch prosthesis affixed to implants, patients benefit from a comfortable restoration for missing teeth. This solution allows the dentures to be more stable than conventional prosthetics, and to bone structure to prevent facial collapse.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are one of the best options to replace missing teeth. At our Virginia Beach dental practice, we are happy to provide patients with this long-lasting treatment and are able to place most dental implants based on the following criteria:
- Adequate bone density: Without the right amount of bone within the jaw, dental implants will not be supported properly.
- No signs of periodontal disease: Candidates for dental implants should be in good general and oral health and should be free of gum disease.
Patients who lack bone density may need a bone graft or more complex placement of the dental implant, in which case we refer your care to a trusted local surgeon. Drs. Robert D. Wernick and Alexis N. Phaup work together with specialists to provide the best solutions in creating the smiles of patients’ dreams.
For more information about implant dentistry at our Virginia Beach dental practice, or if you would like to know if you are a candidate for this treatment, contact Wernick Family Dentistry today.